About Energizing Young Voters
Energizing Young Voters, an initiative of the League of Women Voters, envisions a democracy where every person has the desire, the right, the knowledge, and the confidence to participate.
Vision – Every 18-29 year old in the United States will become a life-long voter and engaged citizen.
Mission – Every 18-29 year old will understand:
- Why it is important to vote
- Develop the intention to vote
- Be equipped to overcome all barriers to casting a ballot and participating in our democracy
- Understand how the political process brings about change
- Develop the confidence and skills needed to participate in the political process
- Be willing to take a stand and defend democracy
Join a diverse group by age (18-29), gender, ethnicity/race, and education type. Set direction and policy for Energizing Young Voters and make a difference in your community!
Educators & Community Groups
Energizing Young Voters offers a suite of programs from the nonpartisan League of Women Voters and its partners designed to create a new generation of lifelong, active voters.
League of Women Voters
Our initiative envisions that every person has the desire, the right, the knowledge, and the confidence to participate.
Your Voice Matters
Want to Get Involved?
Our free, non–partisan, educational experiences and leadership opportunities help turn students into citizens and reach our two major goals: Empowering young voters and defending democracy.
“I’m so proud of your efforts and achievements with the LWV Young Voters program! You are planting seed, fostering awareness and igniting empowerment that will continue to make a difference in our democracy. I hope this small contribution helps you expand. Keep shining on!” – Merry B
Energizing Young Voters Blog
View the latest news, articles, and more.
We're so proud of the Plainfield High School students who created and gave two community presentations using our Fighting for the Vote: Timeline of Suffrage and the Student Advocate Toolkit. One presentation occurred right before the deadline for registering to vote,...
"I do love a locker room. It smells like potential." — Coach Ted Lasso (the beloved protagonist of Apple TV's latest breakout hit) Ted Lasso's rapid ascent and positive infusion into our cultural zeitgeist solidified something I already knew: That coaches are an often...
Inside this issue, learn about: Who We Are and What We Do; The Freedom March of the 21st Century; New Voting Laws Across the Country; Upcoming Events; Meet Our New Intern
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay updated on upcoming teacher training, school & community organization presentations, news, and more!
- Dec. 1-Jan. 6 – Smithsonian Exhibit at Middlesex College, Edison NJ (Voices & Votes scheduled events)
- Dec. 5 – 6:30-9 p.m. – Training/information session for Fighting for the Vote. Register here.
- Dec. 8 – 2 p.m. – Token on the Freedman’s Coat: The Story Behind Thomas Mundy Peterson’s 1884 Voting Medal – College Center, Cafeteria C, Middlesex College
- Dec. 11 – 11 a.m.-noon – Energizing Young Voters Legislative Committee meeting via Zoom
- Dec. 11 – 4-5 p.m. – Energizing Young Voters Advisory Board business meeting via Zoom
- Dec. 12 – 3-3:45 p.m. – League of Women Voters Voter Services Committee meeting
- Dec. 13 – 2 p.m. – A Vote, A Voice: Women’s Suffrage and the Fight for Representation – College Center, Cafeteria C, Middlesex College.
- Dec. 15 – Atlantic City Public Schools professional development
All events are EST.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Have a question, want to request a speaker or get involved? Please send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
11 Heck Ave. Apt. 2
Ocean Grove NJ